All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe perfect gift for the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle fan, The Complete Sherlock Holmes is an elegant edition boasting the entire Sherlock Holmes catalog including 4 full-length novels and 56 short stories.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1859 in Edinburgh, Scotland, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote his first story at the tender age of six. Though he later schooled and trained to become a physician, he carried his love of story-telling with him and authored his first Sherlock Holmes tale, A Study in Scarlet, in 1887. The character, Holmes, was modeled after fellow physician and surgeon, Dr. Joseph Bell, who had been known for his acute powers of deductive observation. In his real life, Doyle worked in the name of justice too. He personally investigated two cases of innocent men who had been wrongfully imprisoned and helped to get them exonerated for their crimes. Doyle married twice (his first wife, Louisa Hawkins, died from tuberculosis) and fathered 5 children. He became intensely interested in the spiritualism following numerous deaths in his life, including Louisa and his son, Kingsley.
- Author(s)Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- PublisherRace Point Publishing
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleKnickerbocker Classics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRace Point Publishing
- Weight2064 g
- Width175 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine69 mm
Best selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £20.90Trending at £22.04
- £6.82Trending at £7.82
- £1.99Trending at £2.41
- £7.68Trending at £8.01
- £4.38Trending at £4.83
- £7.21Trending at £7.38
- £2.95Trending at £3.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.