All listings for this product
Best selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.50Trending at £10.97
- £52.31Trending at £55.23
- £11.89Trending at £12.89
- £9.13Trending at £10.05
- £9.50Trending at £10.03
- £2.39Trending at £3.05
- £11.89Trending at £22.59
About this product
- DescriptionVolume III of Milton's Complete Works contains all of Milton's shorter poems, including his Mask. Introductions address the poems' historical context, features, and the contemporary printed books and manuscripts in which they appeared. Commentaries provide word definitions and identify biblical, classical, historical, and geographical allusions.
- Author BiographyBarbara Kiefer Lewalski is William R. Kenan Jr. Research Professor of History and Literature and of English at Harvard University. She held professorial chairs and taught at Harvard and at Brown University for many years, and served as Director of Graduare Studies in English at both institutions. Her several books and articles are chiefly in the area of Renaissance English literature, especially Milton. Her Life of John Milton: a Critical Biography (2000) won the James Holly Hanford prize of the Milton Society of America; her Protestant Poetics and the Seventeenth-Century Religious Lyric (l979) was awarded the James Russell Lowell Prize for best book, by the Modern Landuage Association. She has held visiting appointments at several universities, including in China (the Beijing Foreign Studies University) and has lectured widely in America, England, and elsewhere. Estelle Haan is Professor of English and Neo-Latin Studies at The Queen's University of Belfast. She is the author/editor of twelve books spanning her research interests in neo-Latin literature of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. These include From Academia to Amicitia: Milton's Latin Writings and the Italian Academies (1998), Thomas Gray's Latin Poetry: Some Classical, Neo-Latin and Vernacular Contexts (2000), Andrew Marvell's Latin Poetry: From Text to Context (2003), Classical Romantic: Identity in the Latin Poetry of Vincent Bourne (2007), Both English and Latin: Bilingualism and Biculturalism in Milton's Neo-Latin Writings (2012). In addition to authoring a stream of articles on Milton, she contributed two essays to The Oxford Handbook of Milton (2009). She is currently editing Milton's Epistolarum Familiarium Liber Unus , and uncollected letters for The Oxford Complete Works of John Milton , Volume 11.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/10/2012
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleThe Complete Works of John Milton
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note8 black-and-white halftones
- Weight1124 g
- Width152 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine65 mm
- Edited byBarbara Kiefer Lewalski,Estelle Haan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.