All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the oral-written dynamic in the conte francais/francophone, focusing on key aspects of the relationship between oral and written forms of the conte. In this title, the chapters fall into broad thematic areas (the oral-written dynamic in early modern France; literary appropriations and transformations; postcolonial contexts).
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Janice Carruthers is a Senior Lecturer in French Studies at Queen's University Belfast. She has published widely on tense and aspect in contemporary French, and on the structure of oral discourse, especially oral narrative. Her recent monograph brings together these two fields, Oral Narration in Modern French. A Linguistic Analysis of Temporal Patterns (2005). Maeve McCusker is a Senior Lecturer in French Studies at Queen's University Belfast. She has published extensively on Caribbean literature, notably a monograph (Patrick Chamoiseau: Recovering Memory, 2007), and a number of articles on creolite, on contemporary autobiography and on memory in Antillean fiction.
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication30/12/2009
- Language(s)eng, fre
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2009
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight460 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byJanice Carruthers,Maeve McCusker
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £18.45Trending at £19.99
- £21.43Trending at £22.98
- £11.72Trending at £12.22
- £27.59Trending at £30.87
- £17.25Trending at £19.02
- £9.82Trending at £9.93
- £11.40Trending at £11.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.