All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe can force medicine to undergo its biggest shakeup in history by agitating for access to our medical data and becoming early adopters of practices such as genomic sequencing. This book shows us how. It argues that radical innovation and a true democratization of medical care are within reach, but only if we consumers demand it.
- Author BiographyEric J. Topol, M.D., is the director of the Scripps Translational Science Institute and co-founder and vice-chairman of the West Wireless Health Institute in La Jolla, California. He is a practicing cardiologist at the Scripps Clinic and a professor of genomics at The Scripps Research Institute. One of the top 10 most cited researchers in medicine, Topol was elected to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences and has led many of the trials that have shaped contemporary treatment for heart disease.
- Author(s)Eric J. Topol
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication11/04/2013
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Content Noteblack & white halftones, figures
- Weight414 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementFirst Trade Paper Edition, Revised and Expanded
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.79Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.