All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the artworks, letters, sketchbooks, music collection, and biography of the painter William Sidney Mount (1807-1868) as a lens through which to see the multiethnic antebellum world that gave birth to blackface minstrelsy.
- Author BiographyChristopher J. Smith is an associate professor and chair of musicology/ethnomusicology and the director of the Vernacular Music Center at the Texas Tech University School of Music. A working musician, he also performs, records, and tours internationally with the medieval music ensemble Altramar and other bands specializing in Irish traditional music and pre-World War II blues and jazz.
- Author(s)Christopher J. Smith
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication08/10/2014
- GenreBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleMusic in American Life
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Note8 color photographs, 7 black and white photographs, 11 musical examples
- Weight599 g
- Width3971 mm
- Height5983 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.88Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.