All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIslam as a religion is central to the lives of over a billion people, but its outer expression as a distinctive civilization has been undergoing a monumental crisis. This book explores how Islamic civilization began to unravel under colonial rule, as its institutions, laws, and economies were often replaced by inadequate modern equivalents.
- Author BiographyAli A. Allawi has served as Minister of Defense and Minister of Finance in the Iraqi postwar governments. The author of the highly praised Occupation of Iraq, he is senior visiting fellow at Princeton University.
- Author(s)Ali A. Allawi
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication02/02/2010
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight497 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.22Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
- £6.52Trending at £6.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.