Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.73
- £10.35Trending at £11.00
- £8.72Trending at £9.13
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £8.93Trending at £9.94
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
About this product
- DescriptionHMS Belfast was the largest British cruiser of the Second World War and saw distinguished service throughout the conflict, including playing a major part in the destruction of the German battlecruiser Scharnhorst. Today she is preserved as an historic monument on the River Thames in London.
- Author BiographyIn 1981, after service with the Royal Navy, Ross attended art college and began work on a large cutaway illustration of HMS Belfast, which is still on display on the ship. He also started writing his first book for Conway, about the preserved cruiser, in the Anatomy of the Ship series. During the next four years, he wrote three more titles for the series and illustrated many of the dust jacket covers for the others. His work as a freelance illustrator, has enabled him to tackle a wide variety of subjects and the results have featured in many books and on hundreds of postage stamps. More recently, he has been responsible for producing the 3D ship cutaway illustrations for the Navy News. He has also launched his own website, to showcase his new maritime paintings.
- Author(s)Ross Watton
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/08/2003
- GenreShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Series TitleAnatomy of the Ship
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintConway Maritime Press Ltd
- Out-of-print date17/07/2015
- Content Note20 black & white photos & 8pp colour plate section
- Weight757 g
- Width248 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.