All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscussing the cult of the Theotokos (Virgin Mary) in Byzantium, this title focuses on textual and historical aspects of the subject. It re-examines the relationship between icons, relics and the Virgin, asking whether increasing devotion to these holy objects or figures was related in any way.
- Author BiographyLeslie Brubaker is Professor of Byzantine Art, Director of the Centre for Byzantine, Ottoman and Modern Greek Studies, Institute of Archaeology and Antiquity, and Director of the Graduate School, College of Arts and Law, University of Birmingham, UK. Dr Mary B. Cunningham is Lecturer in Historical Theology and Orthodox Christian Studies, Department of Theology and Religious Studies, The University of Nottingham, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/08/2011
- GenreChristianity: General
- Series TitleBirmingham Byzantine and Ottoman Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 32 colour and 9 b&w illustrations
- Weight956 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byDr. Mary B. Cunningham,Professor Leslie Brubaker
- Series Edited byProfessor Leslie Brubaker,Professor Anthony Bryer,Professor John Haldon,Dr. Rhoads Murphey
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £12.06Trending at £12.91
- £34.99Trending at £36.45
- £8.49Trending at £11.09
- £12.18Trending at £12.50
- £6.71Trending at £9.77
- £7.99Trending at £14.57
- £26.30Trending at £26.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.