All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvestigating the state of upheaval in Japan during a period which destroyed the medieval order and established modern polity, this historical study uses diaries and archive material to examine the structures of order which abated war and chaos and encouraged transformation.
- Author BiographyMary Elizabeth Berry is Professor of History at the University of California, Berkeley. She is the author of Hideyoshi (1982).
- PrizesWinner of Berkeley Prize 1993.
- Author(s)Mary Elizabeth Berry
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication25/02/1997
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note7 colour illustrations, 3 b&w illustrations, 5 maps
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £23.73Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.21Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.48
- £10.82Trending at £15.38
- £16.99Trending at £17.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.