All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on Ottoman Lebanon, this title shows how sectarianism was a manifestation of modernity that transcended the physical boundaries of a particular country. It challenges those who have viewed sectarian violence as an Islamic response to westernization or simply as a product of social and economic inequities among religious groups.
- Author BiographyUssama Makdisi is Assistant Professor of History at Rice University.
- Author(s)Ussama Makdisi
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication03/07/2000
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note5 maps
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £23.73Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.21Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.