All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlzheimer's and related forms of dementia are on the rise, and the need for competent caregivers will grow alongside the increased rates of diagnoses. This book focuses on what caregivers need to know to help manage the medical, physical, emotional, and practical needs of their charges, as well as themselves.
- Author BiographyMarc E. Agronin, M.D., is a board-certified adult and geriatric psychiatrist who currently serves as the Vice President for Behavioral Health and Clinical Research at the Miami Jewish Health Systems, Florida's largest long-term care provider. He is also an Affiliate Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Neurology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, and a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. He is a graduate of Harvard University and the Yale School of Medicine, and completed his training in psychiatry at McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School. Agronin is a nationally-recognized expert in late-life mental illness and was named the Clinician of the Year by the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry in 2008. He is a prolific author whose articles and blogs have appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, and Scientific American Mind, and his work has been featured in the New York Times, The Today Show, CNN, and National Public Radio's Talk of the Nation and On Point. Agronin is the author of numerous articles and books in the field of psychiatry, including the acclaimed book How We Age: A Doctor's Journey into the Heart of Growing Old.
- Author(s)Marc E. Agronin
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleGuides to Caregiving
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note8 tables
- Weight581 g
- Width158 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.