Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.78
- £13.69Trending at £14.47
- £12.49Trending at £14.99
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.97
- £6.17Trending at £6.28
- £24.93Trending at £26.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis monograph concerns the psychological processes underlying the development of executive function, or the conscious control of thought and action. It has long been clear that these processes change considerably in early childhood, transforming a relatively stimulus--driven toddler into a child capable of flexible, goal--directed problem solving.
- Author BiographyPhilip David Zelazo (Ph.D. 1993, Yale University) is Associate Professor of Psychology and Psychiatry at the University of Toronto, where he holds a Canada Research Chair in Developmental Neuroscience. His research concerns dorsolateral prefrontal and orbitofrontal contributions to the typical and atypical development of executive function. He is Editor of the Journal of Cognition and Development, and Series Editor of the Developing Mind Series. Ulrich Muller (Ph.d. 1998, Temple University) has been Assistant Professor Psychology at Pennsylvania State University, and is now at the University of Victoria, in British Columbia, Canada. His research centers on the early development of reasoning, executive function, and social understanding. He serves on the Editorial Boards of Child Development and the Journal of Cognition and Development and has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Jean Piaget Society. Douglas Frye (Ph.D. 1978, Yale University) is Chair of the Psychology in Education Division, Graduate School of Education, University of Pennsylvania. His research focuses on childrena s theory of mind, executive function, and strategies in mathematical understanding. He is currently Associate Editor of the journal Child Development and serves on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Cognition and Development. Stuart Marcovitch (Ph.D. 2001, University of Toronto) is currently a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Infant Development, New York State Institute for Basic Research, Staten Island, New York. His research focuses on cognitive development in infants and preschoolers.
- Author(s)Douglas Frye,Philip David Zelazo,Stuart Marcovitch,Ulrich Mueller
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2000
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleMonographs of the Society for Research in Child Development
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteill
- Weight236 g
- Width149 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.