All listings for this product
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.80Trending at £15.22
- £8.61Trending at £9.98
- £19.98Trending at £29.55
- £4.45Trending at £6.06
- £10.58Trending at £10.98
- £10.12Trending at £12.99
- £3.78Trending at £3.98
About this product
- DescriptionTalk of the Devil has become distinctly unfashionable. Our sceptical age has pensioned off Satan, for centuries the face and name put to the abstract reality of evil. His scaly black skin, horns, cloven hoof and red eyes have become embedded in popular psyche. This title traces the development of the character and role of Satan through the ages.
- Author BiographyPeter Stanford is a journalist and broadcaster who writes and reviews regularly in the Guardian, the Sunday Times and the New Statesman. A former editor of the Catholic Herald, he presented the award-winning Channel 4 series Catholics and Sex and co-wrote the accompanying book. His other books include biographies of Lord Longford and Cardinal Basil Hume.
- Author(s)Peter Stanford
- Date of Publication05/06/2003
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight225 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.