All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do prostitutes, referees, and Renaissance clowns have in common? They all wear stripes, and The Devil's Cloth tells us why. Pastoureau's lively study of stripes offers a unique perspective on the evolution of fashion, taste, and visual codes in Western culture.
- Author BiographyMichel Pastoureau is a leading authority on medieval heraldry. He is the coauthor of The Bible and the Saints and Heraldry: An Introduction to a Noble Tradition.
- Author(s)Michel Pastoureau
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication26/06/2001
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleEuropean Perspectives: A Series in Social Thought and Cultural Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note14 halftones
- Weight317 g
- Width140 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byJody Gladding
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £20.23Trending at £20.58
- £8.74Trending at £11.65
- £10.16Trending at £14.50
- £9.48Trending at £10.41
- £11.45Trending at £11.57
- £12.20Trending at £12.98
- £15.90Trending at £18.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.