All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpinning a complex web of events and influences in this chilling murder mystery, Hamao probes the notion of guilt - both psychological and legal. The Devil's Disciple is here published alongside 'Did He Kill Them?', a haunting tale of a love affair turned sour.
- Author BiographyViscount Shiro Hamao (1895-1935) was the scion of one of modern Japan's most prestigious families, a public prosecutor and an early advocate of gay rights. In the few years before his early death, Hamao gave up his career as a prosecutor and became a prolific writer of detective fiction. His works give us a vivid picture of interwar Japan, just as the cosmopolitan atmosphere of the 1920s was giving way to the rising tide of fascism in the 1930s.
- Author(s)Shiro Hamao
- PublisherHesperus Press Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2011
- GenreCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleHesperus Worldwide
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHesperus Press Ltd
- Weight159 g
- Width122 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byJ. Keith Vincent
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £20.90Trending at £21.74
- £6.82Trending at £7.72
- £1.99Trending at £2.38
- £7.50Trending at £7.93
- £4.38Trending at £4.76
- £7.17Trending at £7.27
- £2.94Trending at £3.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.