All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA new translation of Dante's greatest literary achievement shows exciting new directions, preserving both the lyricism of the original and its incisive meaning. First-time readers and longtime fans of the supreme poet alike will cherish this clear and lyrical rendering of one of world literature's masterpieces.
- Author BiographyDante Alighieri (1265 1321) was born in Florence to a prominent family and trainedas a pharmacist. He fought in the Battle of Campaldino and was active in the internecineFlorentine politics of the time, which resulted in his exile. During this time, hebegan writing Commedia, which he finished shortly before his death in Ravenna.Burton Raffel is a translator, a poet, and Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Artsand Humanities and emeritus professor of English at the University of Louisiana atLafayette. His most recent translations are the Modern Library edition of GeoffreyChaucer s The Canterbury Tales and the Penguin edition of the Poema de mio Cid.He has translated the Anglo-Saxon epic Beowulf, most of Horace s poems, and Rabelais sGargantua and Pantagruel.
- Author(s)Dante Alighieri
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2010
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleNorthwestern World Classics
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight1442 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Translated byProfessor Burton Raffel
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £23.73Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.07Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.