All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContinuing his soul's search for God, guided by his beloved Beatrice, Dante progresses through the spheres of Paradise. Examining eternal questions of faith, desire and enlightenment, Dante exercised all his learning and wit, wrath and tenderness in his creation of these Christian allegories.
- Author BiographyDante Alighieri was born in Florence in 1265 and belonged to a noble but impoverished family. He married Gemma Donati in his twenties and had four children. He met Beatrice, who was to be his muse, in 1274, and when she died in 1290 he sought distraction in philosophy and theology, and wrote La Vita Nuova. He worked on the Divine Comedy from 1308 until near the time of his death in Ravenna in 1321. Robin Kirkpatrick is a poet and widely-published Dante scholar. He has taught courses on Dante's Divine Comedy in Hong Kong, Dublin, and Cambridge where is Fellow of Robinson College and Professor of Italian and English Literatures.
- Author(s)Dante Alighieri
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2007
- Language(s)English & Italian
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight394 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byRobin Kirkpatrick
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £8.90Trending at £9.44
- £7.26Trending at £8.01
- £6.27Trending at £7.63
- £8.77Trending at £9.17
- £6.42Trending at £6.67
- £4.00Trending at £6.99
- £7.76Trending at £9.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.