All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Community of the Divine Flood, established by Ibrahim Niasse within the Tijaniyya Sufi order in West Africa, is among the most successful Islamic movements of the twentieth century. This book provides a fascinating analysis of its emergence, its teachings and practices, and its dramatic expansion during the late colonial period.
- Author BiographyRudiger Seesemann teaches Religious Studies at Northwestern University Evanston and specializes in the study of Islam in Africa. He has done fieldwork in various West and East African countries and has published extensively on Sufism, Islam and politics, Islamism, Islamic education, as well as theories and practices of Islamic knowledge.
- Author(s)Rudiger Seesemann
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication04/08/2011
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight646 g
- Width176 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £12.99Trending at £13.62
- £4.00Trending at £6.81
- £12.95Trending at £12.99
- £11.99Trending at £16.77
- £8.49Trending at £10.42
- £18.95Trending at £30.41
- £12.46Trending at £12.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.