All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn in-depth account of early railway excursions.
- Author BiographySusan Major completed a PhD with the Institute of Railway Studies & Transport History at the University of York in 2012. Drawing upon material from the National Railway Museum and the British Library, she focused on early railway excursion crowds. In her earlier research on working class leisure, she analysed the diary of a West Yorkshire village wheelwright over a long period, to investigate the effects of the coming of the railway on family life. Susan is retired and lives in York.
- Author(s)Susan Major
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication16/11/2015
- GenreTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Content Note30 illustrations, 2 maps, an index and cross reference
- Width172 mm
- Height246 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £10.90
- £6.68Trending at £7.34
- £12.10Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.02Trending at £5.99
- £11.96Trending at £12.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.