All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text juxtaposes the traditional image of Emerson the trancendentalist with the image of Emerson the reformer. It highlights the dilemma between his philosophical attraction to solitary contemplation and the demands of activism compelled by his own writings.
- Author BiographyT. Gregory Garvey is an associate professor of English at the State University of New York at Brockport. He is editor of The Emerson Dilemma and author of Creating the Culture of Reform in Antebellum America (both Georgia).
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2001
- Language(s)English & English
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note15 b&w illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byT.Gregory Garvey
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £11.85Trending at £12.26
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.