All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPopular student introduction to both the public sociology movement and sociology in general. A practical exploration of the sociological imagination and how to use sociological tools in the face of real world problems.
- Author BiographyKathleen Odell Korgen is a professor of sociology at William Paterson University, a comprehensive university in Wayne, New Jersey. Kathleen has co-authored or co-edited numerous books that teach students to use the sociological tools they gain in their classes and to find inspiration from public sociologists and fellow sociology students. These books include The Engaged Sociologist: Connecting the Classroom to the Community, Sociologists in Action: Sociology, Social Change, and Social Justice and Sociologists in Action on Inequalities: Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality. She has also written or edited the following books on race relations and racial i Jonathan M. White, PhD, is director of the Bentley Service Learning Center and associate professor of sociology at Bentley University in Massachusetts. His primary areas of specialization are inequality, poverty, globalization, human rights, and public sociology. Dr. White has received numerous teaching and humanitarian awards. He is the founding director of Sports for Hunger, the Hunger Resource Center, and the Halloween for Hunger, We are Silent, and Pass-the-Fast campaigns. He serves on the board of directors for Free The Children, Peace Through Youth, Me to We, and the Graduation Pledge Alliance. Dr. White has authored several articles in the fields of inequality and globalization. His work on public sociology includes coediting (with Kathleen Korgen and Shelley White) Sociologists in Action: Sociology, Social Change, and Social Justice (2014) and Sociologists in Action on Inequalities: Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality (2015). He is also currently writing a book titled Hungry to Be Heard: Voices From a Malnourished America. Dr. White lives in Waltham, Massachusetts, with his wife, Shelley, and is the very proud uncle of his 13 nieces and nephews, Jarred, Kyle, Tyler, Arielle, Cameron, Brianna, Mikayla, Joshua, Jack, Logan, Tyler, Joey, and Brookelyn.
- Author(s)Jonathan M. White,Kathleen Odell Korgen
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication17/12/2014
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date29/07/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £9.26Trending at £10.88
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £30.25Trending at £30.96
- £6.52Trending at £7.00
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.