All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £25.53Trending at £25.82
- £24.05Trending at £34.67
- £25.27Trending at £25.82
- £13.73Trending at £14.24
- £9.71Trending at £11.65
- £14.33Trending at £14.64
- £8.77Trending at £11.51
About this product
- DescriptionHephaistos created an ornately decorated shield for Achilles. At the Shield's centre lay two walled cities, one at war and one at peace, surrounded by fields and pasturelands. Viewed as Homer's blueprint for an ideal, or utopian, social order, the Shield reveals that restraining and taming Nature would be fundamental to the Hellenic urban quest.
- Author BiographyAnnette L. Giesecke is Associate Professor of Foreign Languages and Literatures at the University of Delaware.
- Author(s)Annette L. Giesecke
- PublisherHarvard University, Center for Hellenic Studies
- Date of Publication30/10/2007
- GenreAncient History
- Series TitleHellenic Studies Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 21
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University, Center for Hellenic Studies
- Content Note6 line drawings, 12 halftones
- Weight332 g
- Width140 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.