All listings for this product
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £14.34Trending at £14.70
- £7.45Trending at £7.87
- £23.91Trending at £29.75
- £36.27Trending at £37.49
- £9.75Trending at £12.17
- £28.91Trending at £37.45
- £16.90Trending at £27.55
About this product
- DescriptionHelps you engage your students and get them excited about theatre. This book is suiatble for an introductory theatre course.
- Author BiographyOscar G. Brockett will always have an international reputation as a theatre historian. A Distinguished Scholar honoree of the American Society of Theatre Research, he received career achievement awards from both the Association for Theatre in Higher Education and the United States Institute for Theatre Technology. In addition, he was a recipient of the Robert Lewis Medal for Lifetime Achievement in Theatre Research. After receiving his Ph.D. from Stanford University, he taught at several major American universities and at the University of Bristol in England. He also served as president of the American Theatre Association, dean of the College of Fine Arts at the University of Texas, editor of THEATRE JOURNAL, and editorial board member of the ASIAN THEATRE JOURNAL. He held the prestigious University of Texas Z.T. Scott Family Chair in Drama and was director of the Center for Dramatic and Performance Studies for several years. Dr. Brockett authored many articles in leading journals and several books, including HISTORY OF THE THEATRE. At the time of his passing, he was serving as a distinguished teaching professor at the University of Texas at Austin and the dean of the Fellows of the American Theatre. Robert J. Ball has ample experience as a successful teacher of Introduction to Theatre and Theatre Appreciation courses at a number of large and small universities, including Trinity University, the University of Texas, and Vanderbilt University. He is also a practicing actor and director with numerous professional credits in American regional theatres, as well as credits for national and international touring productions. Dr. Ball received his Ph.D. in theatre history and criticism from the University of Texas and is currently the chair and artistic director of the Theatre Arts program at the University of the Incarnate Word.
- Author(s)Oscar Gross Brockett,Robert Ball
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication12/04/2013
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), ports. (chiefly col.)
- Weight792 g
- Width204 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 10th Enhanced Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.