All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)P. Coffey
- Date of Publication27/09/2011
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight278 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 1987
- Table Of ContentsList of Contents.- One: The Background to the European Monetary System.- 1: An Economic and Monetary Union: The earlier plans.- 2: The Experience of the Snake System.- Two: The European Monetary System.- 3: The Reasons for the System.- 4: The Mechanisms of the System.- 5: The System in Operation.- Three: The Future of the EMS: Technical Considerations.- 6: The Future Role of the ECU.- 7: The Convergence of National Economies.- 8: The Money Supply Question.- Four: The Future of the EMS: The Integration of Capital Markets and Banking Systems.- 9: A European Capital Market.- 10: A European Banking System.- Five: The Future of the EMS: Institutional Considerations.- 11: The Future European Monetary Fund.- Six: Other Countries.- 12: The United Kingdom.- 13: The New Member States.- Seven: Non-Community Countries.- 14: The United States of America, Japan, and Third World Countries.- Eight: The Future of the EMS - Towards an EMU?.- 15: Basic Considerations.- Conclusions.- Appendices.- Supplement to the Second Edition.
- Author BiographyPeter Coffey, a British national was until recently, Head of the Economics section at the Europa Instituut, University of Amsterdam. Presently he is Holder of the recently created U.S. West Chair at the Graduate School at the College of St. Thomas, Minnesota, USA. He has published many works on European and international economic and monetary problems. Professor Coffey, who speaks seven languages, has lectured in most countries of the EC, as well as in many other parts of the world.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.86
- £6.41Trending at £7.34
- £9.26Trending at £11.41
- £11.51Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.70Trending at £7.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.