All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers information on the ecosystem of the Everglades. This book presents comprehensive explanation of what the Everglades is, how it has been changed, and the restoration needed to bring back ecological functions and safeguard sustainable future uses of the region by people.
- Author BiographyThomas E. Lodge, Ph.D., is a self-employed ecologist. He has led numerous environmental projects directly relating to the Everglades, including the development of methodology for evaluating the ecological function of historic Everglades wetlands. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Tropical Audubon Society and was an appointed member of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Multi-Species Ecosystem Restoration Team, which assists in Everglades restoration strategies dealing with listed species. He has also been an invited faculty, teaching South Florida ecology at Florida International University, where the first and second editions of The Everglades Handbook have been used regularly as a course text since 1994. Born in Cleveland, Ohio, Dr. Lodge has a B.A. with a major and departmental honors in zoology from Ohio Wesleyan University (1966) and a Ph.D. in biology from the University of Miami in Florida (1974). In graduate school, Dr. Lodge became fascinated with the Everglades, both academically and personally. In addition to publishing magazine articles on the Everglades, he wrote and directed an educational film (The Everglades Region, An Ecological Study, John Wiley and Sons, 1973), and published on the fishes of the region. After receiving his Ph.D., he became an environmental consultant, specializing in wetlands and aquatic ecosystems. From 1996 to 1998, he was director of the Kampong, a botanical garden and former home of Dr. David Fairchild. His personal interest in the region has outweighed his professional activities. For over 35 years he has been a regular observer and photographer of Everglades wildlife.
- Author(s)Thomas E. Lodge
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication16/04/2010
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note179 colour illustrations, 26 black & white tables
- Weight1043 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.05
- £6.17Trending at £7.34
- £4.68Trending at £4.84
- £12.10Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £5.02Trending at £5.99
- £11.96Trending at £12.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.