All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £7.95Trending at £8.35
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £14.67Trending at £15.26
- £3.91Trending at £4.14
- £16.13Trending at £20.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe far side of the Moon was unknown to humanity until the Luna and Lunar Orbiter pictures were returned to Earth. This wonderful book contains beautiful photographs and newly-assembled mosaic images of the far side of the Moon, cleaned up by today's computer technology.
- Author BiographyCharlie Byrne worked as a systems engineer at Bellcomm, for support of the Lunar Orbiter project. He is currently carrying out research about the Moon, and was the discoverer of the gigantic near side megabasin that covers nearly all of the near side of the Moon and whose ejecta has established the shape of the far side of the Moon.
- Author(s)Charles J. Byrne
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/11/2007
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleThe Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight830 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2008
Most relevant reviews
- jsc24802 Oct, 2011by
It is a must have book for everyone to have.
The average man in the street does not give much thought to the far side of the Moon, the side you never see! This amazing book changes all that. With amazingly detailed photographs and wonderful written text, this book is a must have (and must read) for everyone. A wonderful research tool for astronomers and an amazingly interesting book for everyone else, you simply have to buy this book. The CDROM that accompanies the book gives full information on your PC. Go out and buy it now!!