All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you spent hours and hours pulling, hoeing and forking weeds only to find they were back again almost before you had had time for a cup of tea? Have you ever completely eradicated the ground elder in your herbaceous border to be greeted next spring by yet more new shoots of the wretched thing? Is it time for a fresh look at weeds?
- Author BiographyAlick and Sarah are already established authors. Most recently they have co-authored 'Seashore Life of the Caribbean' (Macmillan, 2005). Alick is also the senior author of 'Marine Life of the Caribbean' (Macmillan, revised 2nd Ed. 2002) which has been in print in one edition or another since 1978. Both of these books are aimed at lay audiences.Alick has also written a University textbook entitled 'The Ciliates' (Hutchinson, 1974) as well as many scientific papers and articles. Sarah has also written scientific papers, pharmaceutical manuals and reports. Alick is a retired Academic with experience at the Universities of Bristol (BSc and PhD, Zoology), California (UCLA), Reading (Head of Zoology Department 1986-94) and the West Indies (Professor of Biology 1975-8). Sarah has a Botany degree from Bristol University and has worked in University Libraries, the Civil Service and Industry as an Information Scientist.They are lifelong gardeners including being part of small teams building medal-winning gardens at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show in 2000 and 2002. They maintain a 3/4 acre garden in UK and about an acre in Normandy. They have been sharing their lives with weeds for many decades over which time they have earned the Jones' respect (and sometimes affection)!Alick lectures widely on a range of wildlife and garden topics to horticultural and natural history societies, WI, U3A etc. and is presently an Ambassador for the British Trust for Ornithology's Garden Bird Watch survey in Hampshire.
- Author(s)Alick Jones,Sarah Jones
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £4.44Trending at £4.82
- £12.08Trending at £12.52
- £5.77Trending at £6.24
- £6.44Trending at £7.33
- £3.59Trending at £4.83
- £9.11Trending at £10.09
- £8.96Trending at £10.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.