All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of baseball's most violent incident-August 22, 1965-when Giants pitcher Juan Marichal clobbered Dodgers catcher John Roseboro with his bat: the stories of the players, the American cultural backdrop, and the baseball competition and culture that led to the explosive moment, plus the incident's lasting effects.
- Author BiographyJohn Rosengren is the award-winning author of seven previous books. His most recent is the definitive biography of Hank Greenberg, Hall of Fame baseball player and America's first Jewish superstar--Hank Greenberg: The Hero of Heroes. Prior to that, he wrote Hammerin' Hank, George Almighty and the Say Hey Kid: The Year That Changed Baseball Forever, which chronicles the 1973 MLB season. It was a finalist for the 2008 CASEY Award, given to the best baseball book of the year, and received honorable mention for Outstanding Book of 2008 from the American Society of Journalists & Authors. His other books include Blades of Glory: The True Story of a Young Team Bred to Win and a collaboration with Esera Tuaolo, Alone in the Trenches: My Life as a Gay Man in the NFL. A freelance journalist since 1981, Rosengren's articles have appeared in more than 100 publications, including AARP, Cycle Sport, The History Channel Magazine, Men's Journal, MLB Insiders Club Magazine, Penthouse, Reader's Digest, Runner's World, Sports Illustrated, Tennis, and Utne Reader. He is a member of the Society for American Baseball Research, the American Society of Journalists & Authors and president of the ASJA's Upper Midwest chapter. He is also an adjunct faculty member in the University of Minnesota's journalism school. Rosengren lives with his wife and their two children in Minneapolis.
- Author(s)John Rosengren
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- GenreBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white plates
- Weight34 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.74Trending at £9.11
- £6.34Trending at £7.34
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.44Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.65
- £10.87Trending at £13.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.