All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook begins with the finite element method (FEM) before focusing on FEM in heat transfer and fluid mechanics.
- Author BiographyErian A. Baskharone is Professor Emeritus of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Texas A&M University. He is a member of the ASME Turbomachinery Executive Committee. Dr Baskharone was a Senior Engineer with Allied-Signal Corporation, responsible for the aerothermodynamic design of various turbofan and turboprop engines. His research covered a wide spectrum of turbomachinery topics including the unsteady stator/roto flow interaction and the fluid-induced vibration of the Space Shuttle Main Engine turbopumps. His finite-element based perturbation approach to the problem of turbomachinery fluid-induced vibration is well known. At Texas A&M, he received the General Dynamics Award of Excellence in Engineering teaching (1991) and the Amoco Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching (1992). He is the author of Principles of Turbomachinery in Air-Breathing Engines (Cambridge University Press, 2006) and Thermal Science: Essentials of Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer (2012).
- Author(s)Erian A. Baskharone
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/09/2013
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note211 b/w illus. 5 tables
- Weight1000 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.67Trending at £5.24
- £6.40Trending at £7.36
- £5.96Trending at £6.39
- £10.31Trending at £11.81
- £7.81Trending at £8.36
- £6.52Trending at £6.87
- £6.75Trending at £7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.