All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides an encyclopedic overview of S invicta - how they found colonies, construct and defend their nests, forage and distribute food, struggle among themselves for primacy, and even relocate entire colonies - and a lively account of how research is done, how science establishes facts, and the pleasures and problems of a scientific career.
- Author BiographyWalter R. Tschinkel is a Distinguished Research Professor of Biological Science at Florida State University.
- Author(s)Walter R. Tschinkel
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Belknap Press
- Content Note53 color illustrations, 23 halftones, 188 line illustrations, 9 tables
- Weight1216 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.