All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Allan Johnson
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/10/2014
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Weight408 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments Introduction: Life, Practice, and Promise 1 The Forest, the Trees, and the One Thing 2 Culture: Symbols, Ideas, and the Stuff of Life 3 The Structures of Social Life 4 Population and Human Ecology: People, Space, and Place 5 Us, It, and Social Interaction 6 Things Are Not What They Seem 7 Sociology as Worldview: Where White Privilege Came From Epilogue: Who Are We Really? Notes Glossary Index
- Author BiographyAllan G. Johnson is a nationally recognized sociologist, nonfiction author, novelist, and public speaker best known for his work on issues of privilege and oppression, especially in relation to gender and race. He is the author of numerous books, including The Gender Knot: Unraveling Our Patriarchal Legacy (Temple) and Privilege, Power, and Difference. His work has been translated into several languages and excerpted in numerous anthologies. Visit him online at www.agjohnson.us and follow his blog at www.agjohnson.wordpress.com.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.84Trending at £5.19
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £6.20Trending at £6.86
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.