All listings for this product
Best selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.37Trending at £11.93
- £17.99Trending at £21.06
- £25.50Trending at £25.83
- £28.61Trending at £36.00
- £11.89Trending at £22.56
- £2.39Trending at £3.04
- £30.00Trending at £34.27
About this product
- DescriptionTells the history of Christianity from the sixteenth century by selecting the visual themes of faith that have profoundly influenced its development. This book examines a variety of Christian visual practices, ranging from the imagination, visions of nationhood, the likeness of Jesus, and the role of modern art as a spiritual quest.
- Author BiographyDavid Morgan is Professor of Religious Studies at Duke University, with a secondary appointment in the Department of Art, Art History, and Visual Studies. He is the author of The Embodied Eye: Religious Visual Culture and the Social Life of Feeling and The Sacred Gaze: Religious Visual Culture in Theory and Practice, and coeditor of the journal Material Religion.
- Author(s)David Morgan
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication20/11/2015
- GenreChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note58 b/w illustrations, 12 color illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.