All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom mass cigarette production in 1888 to the first studies linking cigarettes to lung cancer in 1950, this title explores gender and other key issues related to smoking in Montreal, including the arrival of big tobacco, first attempts to ban the cigarette, wartime tobacco funds, French Canadian smoking habits, and rituals of manliness.
- Author BiographyJarrett Rudy is assistant professor, Department of History, McGill University.
- Author(s)Jarrett Rudy
- PublisherMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Date of Publication25/09/2005
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitleStudies on the History of Quebec/Etudes d'Histoire du Quebec
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Content Note31 b&w photographs
- Weight395 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.