Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.55
- £13.11Trending at £19.97
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £18.34Trending at £23.89
- £7.00Trending at £8.50
- £4.32Trending at £4.73
- £20.24Trending at £30.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis text presents an analysis of two neglected paintings devoted to the French Revolution. John Zoffany's Plundering the King's Cellar at Paris, August 10 1972 , and Celebrating over the Bodies of the Swiss Soldiers , both represent events that helped turn the English against the Revolution.
- Author BiographyWilliam L. Pressly is Professor and Chair of the Department of Art History and Archaeology at the University of Maryland, College Park, and the author of The Life and Art of James Barry (1981).
- Author(s)William L. Pressly
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication18/03/1999
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleThe Discovery Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note100 black-and-white illustrations, 2 color plates
- Weight513 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.