All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Game as It Is Played comprises the best of Donald Pizer's essays on Theodore Dreiser. The essays explore several of the more controversial areas of Dreiser scholarship, including his late conversion to communism, his anti-Semitism, and the text of Sister Carrie.
- Author BiographyDonald Pizer received his PhD in English from the University of California, Los Angeles. He spent his entire career at Tulane University, in New Orleans, from where he retired in 2001 as Pierce Butler Professor of English. He is a Guggenheim Fellow and has also received major research awards from the American Council of Learned Societies and the National Endowment for the Humanities. He has published widely on late nineteenth- and early twentieth-century American literature, including critical studies of Hamlin Garland, Frank Norris, Stephen Crane, Theodore Dreiser, and John Dos Passos as well as many editions of the works of these and other authors of the period.
- Author(s)Donald Pizer
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleModern American Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number66
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight460 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £34.31Trending at £42.28
- £8.90Trending at £9.44
- £8.77Trending at £9.01
- £4.16Trending at £4.79
- £3.20Trending at £4.56
- £4.99Trending at £5.41
- £5.24Trending at £6.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.