Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £11.86+ £3.46 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery_specialist
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe re-creation of the great garden at Hatfield House has been one of the most exciting and closely observed garden enterprises. Now, it is recorded and displayed in this revelatory book.
- Author BiographySue Snell is a leading documentary and horticultural photographer and a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society. She has been involved in many projects and exhibitions including work with the Royal Opera House, the Royal Horticultural Society, the Chelsea Physic Garden, the Natural History Museum and the Royal Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh. Lady Salisbury has been a gardener since, as a child in the 1930s, she cultivated tiny patches of her parents' gardens in Ireland and the West of England. Later, as chatelaine first of Cranborne Manor and then of Hatfield House, she revived two of the great historic gardens of England. And then there are the gardens that, as a professional garden designer, she has created for others, notably for the Prince of Wales at Highgrove and for the Museum of Garden History and Cosby Hall in London. Renowned for her depth of scholarship and her design skill, she has also led the way as a pioneer of organic gardening ('when I began, in 1948, I was written off as a complete crank'). From 1971 until 2004 she lived and worked at Hatfield House, where she oversaw the restoration of the garden. Now in her eighties, she not only continues to tend her garden in Provence, she is also making a roof garden ('the first I've ever done') for her house in Chelsea, and designing gardens for clients in England, Ireland, Italy and the United States.
- Author(s)Sue Snell
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note250 colour photographs
- Weight1260 g
- Width245 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Introduction byDowager Marchioness of Salisbury
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £2.29Trending at £2.48
- £11.36Trending at £12.02
- £6.95Trending at £11.62
- £2.99Trending at £3.93
- £11.99Trending at £13.56
- £2.89Trending at £3.98
- £2.50Trending at £4.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.