CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.76
- £12.49Trending at £14.98
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/03/2012
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight751 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byElaine Hilberman Carmen,Patricia Perri Rieker
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
- Table Of ContentsI. Values, Inequality, and Mental Health.- 1. Presidential Address: Conceptual Ambiguity and Morality in Modern Psychiatry.- 2. Editorial: Morality in Medicine.- 3. Inequality and Women's Mental Health: An Overview.- II. Social Structures and Psychological Processes.- 4. The Effects of Inequality on Psychology.- 5. Some Effects of Proportions on Group Life: Skewed Sex Ratios and Responses to Token Women.- 6. Men's Power with Women, Other Men, and Society: A Men's Movement Analysis.- 7. Women in Positions of Authority: A Case Study of Changing Sex Roles.- III. Some Clinical Consequences of Inequality.- A. Suppression of Autonomy and Denial of Dependency.- 8. Early Origins of Envy and Devaluation of Women: Implications for Sex-Role Stereotypes.- 9. Female Dependency in Context: Some Theoretical and Technical Considerations.- B. Restricted Sex Roles and Covert Conflicts.- 10. Female Masochism and the Enforced Restriction of Choice.- 11. Roles and Role Conflict of Women in Infertile Couples.- 12. Cinderella's Stepsisters: A Feminist Perspective on Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia.- 13. Emotional Intimacy among Men.- C. Violence and Psychiatric Disorders.- 14. Victims of Violence and Psychiatric Illness.- 15. Overview: The Wife-Beater's Wife Reconsidered.- 16. Father-Daughter Incest.- 17. Families at Risk for Father-Daughter Incest.- IV. Implications for Treatment and Training.- A. Doing Psychotherapy.- 18. Special Issues for Women in Psychotherapy.- 19. Issues in the Psychotherapy of Lesbians.- 20. A Feminist Approach to Family Therapy.- 21. Men's New Family Roles: Some Implications for Therapists.- B. Gender and Psychiatric Education.- 22. Teaching Value Clarification: The Example of Gender and Psychotherapy.- 23. Toward an Analysis of Sex-Role-Related Issues in the Therapeutic Relationship.- 24. Psychiatry's Problem with No Name: Therapist-Patient Sex.- 25. Sexual Misconduct by Psychiatrists: The Ethical and Clinical Dilemma of Confidentiality.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.