All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA leading European historian offers a fresh analysis of communism as a global movement that played a major part in the formation of our modern world - from the birth of Soviet Russia and the revolution in China to the Cold War and the impact of Western-led processes of globalization.
- Author BiographySilvio Pons is Professor of Contemporary History and East European History at the University of Rome Tor Vergata and Director of the Gramsci Foundation in Rome. He is a member of the Editorial board of the Journal of Cold War Studies. His main research interests lie in the global history of communism and in Cold War history. His main publications include The Cominform: Protocols of the Three Conferences (1994); The Soviet Union and Europe in the Cold War (1996); Russia in the Age of Wars (2000); Stalin and the Inevitable War (2002); Reinterpreting the End of the Cold War (2005); and A Dictionary of Twentieth Century Communism (2010).
- Author(s)Silvio Pons
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleOxford Studies in Modern European History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date03/11/2016
- Weight736 g
- Width171 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Translated byAlan Cameron
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.94Trending at £13.25
- £16.76Trending at £20.62
- £10.16Trending at £14.50
- £11.89Trending at £16.99
- £16.99Trending at £17.18
- £9.93Trending at £12.98
- £10.29Trending at £11.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.