All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe role of the Golden Rule in various systems of thought, both religious and philosophical, invites study. How the logic of a given system interprets the Golden Rule demands analysis. Objective data deriving from empirical study of nature and society deserve close examination.
- Author BiographyJacob Neusner is Distinguished Service Professor of the History and Theology of Judaism and Senior Fellow with the Institute of Advanced Theology at Bard College. He is a member of the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, New Jersey, and a Life Member of Clare Hall, Cambridge University. He holds nine honorary degrees and fourteen academic medals and other awards and has published more than a thousand books. Bruce Chilton is the Bernard Iddings Bell Professor of Philosophy and Religion at Bard College, Executive Director of the Institute of Advanced Theology, and Rector of the Church of St. John the Evangelist. His books include: Rabbi Jesus: An Intimate Biography, Rabbi Paul: An Intellectual Biography, Mary Magdalene, Abraham's Curse, and The Cambridge Companion to the Bible.
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/10/2008
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleJacob Neusner Series: Religion/Social Order
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byBruce Chilton,Jacob Neusner
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.80Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £10.88Trending at £12.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.60
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.