All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.99
- £9.41Trending at £16.98
- £9.53Trending at £14.98
- £7.60Trending at £9.98
- £18.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.56Trending at £9.61
About this product
- DescriptionIn this irresistible tour through the grand spas of Central Europe, noted historian David Clay Large traces their history from classical antiquity to the present. He vividly shows that they were not only centers of healing but hotbeds of artistic creation, nests of social intrigue, and gilded venues for high-level politicking.
- Author BiographyDavid Clay Large is a senior fellow at the Institute of European Studies, University of California, Berkeley, and professor of history at the Fromm Institute, University of San Francisco. He has also taught at Smith College, Yale University, and Montana State University. Among his many books are Berlin, Nazi Games: The Olympics of 1936, and Munich 1972: Tragedy, Terror, and Triumph at the Olympic Games. Large divides his time between San Francisco and Bozeman, Montana.
- Author(s)David Clay Large
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note1 maps
- Weight762 g
- Width158 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.