All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume drawn from the reference work Greek Thought: A Guide to Classical Knowledge , major scholars take up basic topics in philosophy and science, offering an account of the extraordinary explosion of desire for knowledge in the classical Greek world.
- Author BiographyJacques Brunschwig is Professor of the History of Ancient Philosophy, Emeritus, at the University of Paris. He is the author of Papers in Hellenistic Philosophy (Cambridge University Press). Geoffrey E. R. Lloyd succeeded Moses Finley as Master of Darwin College, University of Cambridge. He is the author of numerous works on the classical period, among them Early Greek Science: Thales to Aristotle; Greek Science after Aristotle; and Magic, Reason, and Experience: Studies in the Origin and Development of Greek Science.
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication04/11/2003
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Belknap Press
- Content Note2 maps
- Weight463 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byG. E. R. Lloyd,Jacques Brunschwig
- Translated byCatherine Porter
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.