All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
About this product
- DescriptionIt is estimated that there are currently more than 400 million Spanish speakers worldwide, with the United States being home to one of the world's largest native Spanish-speaking populations. Reflecting the increasing importance of the Spanish language both in the U.S.
- Author BiographyJose Ignacio Hualde is Professor in the Department of Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese and in the Department of Linguistics at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. His books include Basque Phonology (1991),Euskararen azentuerak [the accentual systems of Basque] (1997), and The Sounds of Spanish (2005). Antxon Olarrea is Associate Professor in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of Arizona. He is author of Origenes del lenguaje y seleccion natural (2005), coauthor of Introduccion a la linguistica hispanica (2001, 2nd ed. 2010), and coeditor of Romance Linguistics 2009 (2010). Erin O'Rourke is Assistant Professor in the Department of Modern Languages and Classics at the University of Alabama. She is co-editor of Romance Linguistics 2007 (2009) and has published articles and book chapters on intonation and sociophonetics in Spanish and Quechua, with an emphasis on the Andean region.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/03/2012
- Series TitleBlackwell Handbooks in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1662 g
- Width174 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edited byAntxon Olarrea,Erin O'Rourke,Jose Ignacio Hualde
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.