All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Language Contact offers systematic coverageof the major issues in this field ranging from the value ofcontact explanations in linguistics, to the impact of immigration,to dialectology combining new research from a team ofglobally renowned scholars, with case studies of numerouslanguages.
- Author BiographyRaymond Hickey is Professor of Linguistics at Essen University, Germany. His main areas of research are varieties of English (especially Irish English) and general questions of language contact, shift, and change as well as computer corpus processing. He has published widely, the most recent titles being A Sound Atlas of Irish English (2004), Legacies of Colonial English (2004), Dublin English: Evolution and Change (2005), Irish English: History and Present-Day Forms (2007), and Eighteenth-Century English: Ideology and Change (2010). He has also published over 80 articles on various issues within linguistics and produced an electronic corpus of Irish English.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/04/2010
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight1534 g
- Width175 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine52 mm
- Edited byRaymond Hickey
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.87Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.