All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOscar Wilde's timeless, compassionate tale of the friendship between the Happy Prince and the Swallow is brought to life by Joan Rankin's sensitive, magical artwork. Beloved since it was first published in 1888, this enchanting story will be enjoyed by both adults and children.
- Author BiographyOscar Wilde was a playwright, essayist, and novelist. He was the author of The Importance of Being Earnest and The Picture of Dorian Gray. Carole Bloch is the central coordinator of the Stories Across Africa Project, which is developing shared anthologies of stories for children in the many languages of Africa. She has written extensively on early literacy and multilingual education in South Africa and Africa, as well as writing several picture books for young children. Joan Rankin has illustrated more than 30 children's books, including A Frog in the Bog and Off to First Grade. She is the recipient of the Katrina Harris Award for Children's Book Illustration and the ME Rothman Prize for best illustrated children's book.
- Author(s)Carole Bloch,Margaret Sixel
- PublisherJacana Media (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- GenrePicture Books
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintJacana Media
- Weight295 g
- Width247 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Joan Rankin
Best selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- £7.78Trending at £8.18
- £3.59Trending at £3.64
- £6.19Trending at £6.61
- £3.85Trending at £4.01
- £2.45Trending at £2.58
- £4.10Trending at £5.25
- £2.81Trending at £4.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.