All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis reference includes: entries on all styles and forms in Western music; comprehensive articles on the music of Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Near East; descriptions of instruments and their historical background; and articles reflecting the contemporary beat, including pop, jazz and rock.
- Author BiographyDon Michael Randel, former Professor of Music at Cornell University and Professor of Music and President of the University of Chicago, is President of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication05/12/2003
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleHarvard University Press Reference Library
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Belknap Press
- Content Note222 line illustrations, 250 music examples
- Weight1743 g
- Width178 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byDon Michael Randel
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With printed dust jacket
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £36.08Trending at £39.96
- £43.28Trending at £61.99
- £24.98Trending at £25.50
- £36.57Trending at £37.17
- £21.42Trending at £21.64
- £21.94Trending at £25.43
- £27.33Trending at £29.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.