The Healing Gods: Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Christian America by Candy Gunther Brown (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £32.76Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by loveourprices2
- Est. delivery by 9 Mar
- £13.98Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks08
- Est. delivery by 26 Feb
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- DescriptionThis book tells the surprising story of how complementary and alternative medicine, CAM, entered biomedical and evangelical Christian mainstreams despite its roots in non-Christian religions and the lack of scientific evidence of its efficacy and safety.
- Author BiographyCandy Gunther Brown is an associate professor of religious studies at Indiana University. Her books are Testing Prayer: Science and Healing (2012); Global Pentecostal and Charismatic Healing, as editor (Oxford University Press, 2011), and The Word in the World: Evangelical Writing, Publishing, and Reading in America, 1789-1880 ( 2004).
- Author(s)Candy Gunther Brown
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note18 b/w halftone
- Weight628 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.