All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplores how modern presidents have wrestled with their own mortality - and how they have taken this most human experience to heart as they faced the difficult politics of health care. This book shows what history can teach us as we confront the health care challenges of the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyDavid Blumenthal was until recently the Samuel O. Thier Professor of Medicine and Professor of Health Policy at Harvard Medical School and a physician at Massachusetts General Hospital. He has advised Democratic presidential candidates from Michael Dukakis to Barack Obama, and now works on health issues for the Obama Administration. James A. Morone is Professor and Chair of Political Science at Brown University and the author of Hellfire Nation and The Democratic Wish, a New York Times Notable Book and winner of the Gladys Kammerer Award of the American Political Science Association.
- Author(s)David Blumenthal,James Morone
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication14/07/2009
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note27 b/w photographs
- Weight513 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.