All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Hell-Fire Clubs scandalized eighteenth-century English society. This book explores the social and economic context in which the clubs emerged and flourished; their various phases, which first involved violence as an assertion of masculinity, then religious blasphemy, and later sexual indulgence.
- Author BiographyEvelyn Lord has published widely on local history and is the author of The Knights Templar in Britain and The Stuart Secret Army. She lives in Cambridge, UK.
- Author(s)Evelyn Lord
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Noteblack-&-white plate section
- Weight476 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.94Trending at £13.30
- £23.73Trending at £25.92
- £20.77Trending at £21.21
- £14.58Trending at £17.02
- £10.16Trending at £14.53
- £10.59Trending at £11.88
- £11.89Trending at £13.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.