All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith a detailed chronology, suggested readings, and comprehensive notes identifying events, individuals, and institutions to which Veblen alludes, this volume is sure to become the standard teaching text for Veblen's classic work and an invaluable resource for students of both the history and the current workings of the American university.
- Author BiographyOne of the most influential social scientists of the late nineteenth and early twentieth century, Thorstein Veblen (1857-1929) wrote numerous books, including The Theory of the Leisure Class: An Economic Study in the Evolution of Institutions and The Instinct of Workmanship: And the State of the Industrial Arts. Richard F. Teichgraeber III is a professor of history at Tulane University. He is the author of Building Culture: Studies in the Intellectual History of Industrializing America, 1867- 1910 and Sublime Thoughts/Penny Wisdom: Situating Emerson and Thoreau in the American Market.
- Author(s)Thorstein Veblen
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication22/05/2015
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note6, 6 black & white halftones
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byRichard F. Teichgraeber
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 13
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.86Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.