All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPolybius's theme is how and why the Romans spread their power as they did. The main part of his history covers the years 264--146 bc, describing the rise of Rome, the destruction of Carthage, and the eventual domination of the Greek world. It is a vital achievement despite the incomplete survival of all but the first five of forty books.
- Author BiographyF. W. Walbank was Rathbone Professor of Ancient History and Classical Archaeology at the University of Liverpool and a Fellow of the British Academy. Christian Habicht is Emeritus Professor of Ancient History at the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, and a Fellow of the British Academy.
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication04/05/2012
- Language(s)English & Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- GenreAncient History
- Series TitleLoeb Classical Library
- Series Part/Volume Number160
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLoeb Classical Library
- Weight666 g
- Width108 mm
- Height162 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byW. R. Paton
- Revised byF. W. Walbank,Christian Habicht
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With printed dust jacket
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £18.79Trending at £25.87
- £24.05Trending at £34.83
- £6.94Trending at £9.21
- £14.59Trending at £16.58
- £8.77Trending at £11.50
- £11.33Trending at £14.92
- £9.50Trending at £17.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.